Storage : Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Licence to use the Storage Space
1. Subject to the provisions below, we provide you with the right to use the Storage Space for the storage of property belonging to you only (“the Licence”)
Suitability of the Storage Space
2. You are assumed to have inspected the Storage Space before storing any property in it and ensured that it is suitable for your requirements. We give no warranty that the Storage Space is suitable for the storage of your specific property. You are requested and advised to inspect the Storage Space regularly.
The facility is used at your own risk, we do not provide insurance. However you can book comprehensive insurance through our partner Insurastore.
Unless stated otherwise, each point applies to all storage types. Where mentioned, ‘containers’ applies to all enclosed units, be it indoor or outdoor; ‘bays’ applies to any outdoor parking spot.
Payments by you
3. You must pay the Deposit (if applicable) and the Initial Payment on or before the first day of the Agreement
4. (a) You must pay the Monthly Payment by a reoccurring card subscription (continuous authority agreement) on the anniversary day of your agreement, e.g., if you took out storage on the 15th of May, your next payment would be due 14th June and so on. Payments are collected from 00:00 hours, so funds need to be in your bank account prior to the start of this anniversary date. You must contact us if your card expires, or is stopped due to being lost or stolen because it will decline.
(b) Minimum payment for storage is one calendar month. Once processed this fee is non-returnable, even if cancelled on the same day. Please note ‘not reading the terms and conditions’ can not be used as an excuse to argue against this.
(c) Standing Orders are not our preferred method but special permission may be given where a card payment is not possible. You must pay the Monthly Payment by Standing Order to our Bank account monthly, 2 days in advance of your anniversary payment day.
(d) Quarterly, Bi-annual and Annual payers will follow the same rules as (a) & (b) but will pay at the appropriate intervals. Early termination will not attract a refund where you have paid in advance.
(e) Where fees are due to us, for non-payment within the agreed time-scale, or other fees outlined in this agreement, you authorise us to deduct these from your card without prior notification. It is your responsibility to know what our fees are and when they are applied. Where a card is not set up, we will request these from you.
(f) Failure to pay will result in your unit or gate access being locked out; these will usually be unlocked within 3 days, but may take up to 7 days depending on staffing levels at the time. Therefore, it is in your interest to make paying on time a priority, as we are not to be held accountable for lack of access.
5. Any Deposits
(a) The Deposit is security for the performance and observance of your obligations under the Agreement. It will be repaid to you (less any amount due to us in respect of any non-performance or non-observance of the Agreement by you) within 30 days of the termination of your Licence or such longer period as may be necessary to ascertain any amount due to us. £10 will be retained to cover maintenance costs.
Your Obligations regarding the Storage Space and what you store
6. You must:
(a) Keep the Storage Space clean and tidy and clear of rubbish and leave it in a clean and tidy condition and free of your property when the Licence terminates
(b) Notify us as soon as you can of any concerns or complaints you have about the Storage Space
(c) Observe any reasonable rules and regulations we make and notify to you from time to time governing your use of the Storage Space and the access ways to the Storage Space or the Site generally
(d) Provide us with your main address and a contact telephone number and ensure that you provide us with written notice of any change of either as soon as you are able
(e) Ensure that if you are or become resident outside the UK, you notify us promptly and provide us with details of a responsible person who is a resident within the UK and who you authorise us to contact as required in the management of this Agreement
(f) Pay to us any reasonable costs losses and/or expenditure that we incur which arise as a result of your breach of this Agreement
(g) Notify us if you wish to use additional locks; you must provide us with a key or access details beforehand
(h) take full responsibility for anyone you bring into the facility, as well as anyone you allow into the facility in your absence, without our permission.
7. You must not: >
a) Obstruct the access ways to the Storage Space or any other part of the Site or make them dirty or untidy or leave any rubbish on them
(b) Display any signs or notices at the Storage Space
(c) Use the Storage Space or the access ways to the Storage Space in such a way as to cause any nuisance damage disturbance annoyance inconvenience or interference to the Site or other occupiers or users of the Site or the occupiers or users of any adjoining or neighbouring land or property
(d) Do anything that might constitute a breach of any statutory requirement affecting the Site or that might impact upon any insurance effected in respect of the Site
(e) In any way impede us or our officers, servants or agents in the exercise of our rights of possession and control of the Site and every part of the Site
(f) Store or permit to be stored in the Storage Space anything which may be a fire risk or cause damp, condensation or mould or any explosives, firearms, ammunition, toxic or pollutant substance, contaminated or other hazardous items, live or dead animals or anything else that is unsuitable to be stored in the Storage Space
(g) use your storage place as a meeting point, or gather in large groups.
(h) Remove your allocated padlock from the yard at any time; this must stay on the container.
(i) Enter the yard if you are in arrears, or owe outstanding fees; doing so will be considered as trespassing.
(j) Point blame and abuse staff if your access is locked, or still locked (within 7 days) due to your failure to pay on time.
(k) enter the yard in adverse weather conditions, such as ice, high winds or flooding. We cannot be held responsible for your safety and do not permit access.
8. You warrant to us that all property stored in the Storage Space from time to time is solely owned legally and beneficially to you. Storing for a friend or family member means you assume full ownership responsibility over the contents.
9. Containers only – We have the right to enter the Storage Space at any time to inspect clean and repair the Storage Space or in an emergency or to check that you are complying with your obligations under this Agreement or to enforce any rights or comply with any obligations that we may have under the Agreement or otherwise, including any request for inspection made by the police, HMRC or other enforcement agency.
10. We may remove any items from the Storage Space stored by you in breach of your obligations and/or require you to collect or remove any such items.
11. On occasion we may have to move your Storage Space unit or require you to move to another location on the site. We will do what we reasonably can to notify you of such a requirement.
Termination of your Licence to use the Storage Space
12. Either party shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement without prejudice to either your or our rights in respect of any breach of our respective obligations and warranties contained above:
(a) Immediately if the other party commits a material breach of this Agreement and (if such a breach is capable of being remedied) fails to remedy that breach within 14 days of that party being notified of the breach; and/or
(b) Containers must give 14 days notice in writing, to inform us that you are removing your items from storage. You must pay to the end of this period, if it passes your next payment anniversary. Advance payers will not be refunded.
(c) Bays must give 30 days in writing, to inform us that you are removing your items from storage. You must pay to then end of this period, if it passes your next payment anniversary. Advance payers will not be refunded.
(d) Where an account balance remains unsettled and in arrears, termination will not be granted to the customer, until this balance is cleared.
13. You must return all keys, padlocks and other security devices relating to the Storage Space provided by us immediately on termination of the Licence.
Our Rights if there are Outstanding Payments due from you or you fail to remove items from the Storage Space when required
14. Subject to paragraph 15 below we may sell all or some of the property stored in the Storage Space
(a) To recover any amounts due by you to us under the Agreement; and/or
(b) If you fail to remove all or any items from the Storage Space within 7 days of termination of the Licence
15. Where we wish to exercise our right to sell any property stored in the Storage Space under paragraph 14 above, we may only do so if we have given you at least 28 days’ notice that we intend to do so. If we sell any of your property and the proceeds from the sale are greater than the amount owed by you to us, we will pay you any excess amount after deducting the cost of selling the property and any storage costs that we have incurred. We will use our reasonable endeavours to obtain the best price available in the circumstances for the property to be sold.
16. If having used our best endeavours we are unable to locate you within two months of any payment being due to you under paragraph 15 above we shall be entitled to retain the proceeds of sale for our own account.
17. If we cannot sell your possessions, deem them unsuitable to sell, do not have time to sell, or the combined effort to sell would not be worthwhile, the cost of disposal/clearance shall be added to your dept.
18. You will be liable on an indemnity basis for all costs incurred by us relating to collection of outstanding fees.
19. Containers only
(a) A £30 admin fee will be collected if your card declines or a standing order is late, and you have not settled your account within 3 working days; this will re-apply each month.
(b) £10 will be collected for every 7 days from your anniversary payment date, whilst you remain in arrears
(c) £30 to replace a lost key, to cover the cost of taking our spare key to be re-cut, our fuel and our time.
(d) £60 for a lost padlock, £200 for a lost multi lock
20. Bays only
(a) A £20 admin fee will be collected if your card declines or a standing order is late, and you have not settled your account within 3 working days; this will re-apply each month.
(b) £5 will be collected for every 7 days from your anniversary payment date, whilst you remain in arrears
(a) Costs incurred in pursuing the arrears will be added to your bill, including but not limited to £30.00 + VAT plus £0.10 + VAT per mile for visits to your contact premises if we fail to reach you by email, phone or SMS.
(b) £100 fine for failure to leave by the end of your notice period. This is to cover financial losses to customers pre-booked into your space on the day after your exit, and any administration for our record keeping.
(c) cleaning fees will be deducted from your deposit if the storage space is not returned in the condition you took it (we recommend that you take photos before you use your allocated space)
(d) save reasonable wear and tear, any damages will be calculated fairly (we recommend that you take photos before you use your allocated space).
Debt is considered any balance owed to us that remains unpaid.
Debt will primarily consist of arrears and fees, but may be made up of costs incurred to us in pursuing arrears or damage to our property etc.
In the first instance, we will aim to recover debt amicably and work with our customer to come up with a fair and suitable repayment plan.
If our failures are in vain, we will make a money claim and pursue through court; this may mean you end up with a CCJ, at which point we will follow the court guidance to recuperate debt.
Risk and Liability
23. Risk for all property originally brought on to the Site or at the direction of you (whether or not stored in the Storage Space for the time being) remains at all times with you.
24. Save to the extent caused by the negligence or fraud of us or our officers or employees for which we are liable we and our officers and employees are not to be liable for the death of or injury to you or your officers agents or employees.
Other important legal points
25. Neither the Agreement nor the Licence creates a tenancy.
26. The benefit of the Licence and the Agreement is personal to you only and is not assignable. The Licence may only be exercised by you and (where the Licence is granted to you for business purposes) by your employees for the purposes specified in paragraph 1 above.
27. Where the Agreement is in joint names you are jointly and severally liable for your obligations in this Agreement.
28. All notices given by either you or us must be in writing and delivered by email, SMS or sent by registered post or recorded delivery to the other party at its registered office or last known address
29. No failure or delay by either you or us to exercise any right power or remedy under the Agreement shall operate as a waiver of it nor shall any partial exercise preclude further exercise of the same or some other right power or remedy.
30. The Agreement contains the whole agreement between us and you in respect of the matters referred to in it and supersedes any prior written or oral agreement between you and us relating to it and you confirm that you have not entered into the Agreement on the basis of any representations that are not expressly incorporated in this Agreement.
31. The Agreement and any licence created by it shall be governed by the law of England and Wales
By using our facility, you automatically accept all points set out within the licence agreement. We have the right to update these terms at any point, though a new copy will be sent.
Secure Self Storage
Lined containers significantly reduce the risk of damage to your container contents and only cost a little more than vulnerable unlined ones.
Our clients may only enter AZ Self Storage Ltd secure facility by using their secure PIN.
24 hour access, 7 days a week. With floodlights and the ability to reverse your vehicle right up to the container, it couldn’t be easier.
Caravans and Motorhomes
We check our prices regularly, always aiming to be competitive. Call us for our latest pricing and storage options.
Year Round Access
You can access the storage site 24 hours a day, 365 days a year – no need for appointments..
Our friendly team are on hand to help you out however we can.
Boats and Trailers
Our self storage facility is well-covered by multiple CCTV cameras, floodlighting and fully fenced.
Your boat can either be stored on or off of its trailer
Our secure self storage facility is based in Blyth, making it the ideal choice for private, domestic and commercial customers from Blyth, Cramlington, Ashington, Bedlington and Northumberland.
AZ Self Storage Ltd
Get in touch now for a competitive self storage quote.
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
Swearing, threats or any act of violence will NOT be tolerated.
Anyone giving verbal abuse to any member of our team during a phone call, will have that call terminated immediately. If it occurs again then all future communication with be handled via email.